Monday 4 February 2019

Introduction

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Richard Blakemore and I am a writer, more specifically a writer of pulp fiction.

I'm not quite sure what this newfangled blog thing is all about, though it appears to be a cross between a personal journal and what we call a fanzine in my day. But my editor insisted I should give this blogging thing a try, because it is apparently the new way to sell stories.

Oh yes, and this blog thing apparently appears in the far off future of 2019, whereas I live in the year of the Lord 1936. And no, I have no idea how this works either, though I suspect that the boys over at Amazing Stories or Astounding Stories might have a theory or two. 

Anyway,  I write for the various pulp magazines put out by Levonsky Publishing. I'm the headwriter - well, only writer - for The Silencer magazine. Every month, I chronicle the exploits and adventures of the Silencer, New York City's own steel-masked avenger, scourge of crime and protector of the innocent.

I also created the sellsword Thurvok and his companions for Tales of the Bizarre, Levonsky Publishing's newest magazine venture. Follow Thurvok's adventures every month in the latest issue of Tales of the Bizarre.

Oh yes, and just in case you're wondering about the persistent rumours that I am the real life Silencer who prowls the streets of New York City to fight crime, well, there's nothing to those rumours, absolutely nothing at all.

I am not and have never been the Silencer. I am merely the man he has chosen to chronicle his adventures. And that's all I have to say about that.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment