Sunday 17 February 2019

Wherein I embark upon my Twitter journey

I seem to have acquired an account at something called Twitter.

As far as I can tell, it appears to be a sort of telegraph, which allows you to broadcast your thoughts to the world and talk with other people all over the world doing the same.

I've been told that everybody who is anybody is on Twitter these days. My good friend and editor Cora Buhlert is there (and helped me to set up my account). My publisher Pegasus Pulp is there. The New York Times is there. The New Yorker is there. The President of the United States is there (the president of 2019, that is. Some fellow named Trump, apparently related to the real estate magnate). Even God is there.

Apparently, lots of writers are on Twitter as well, but so far the only familiar names I have found are Edgar Rice Burroughs, Norvell Page and H.P. Lovecraft. I also found someone named Lester Dent, but it seems to be the wrong person, unless Lester has suddenly started talking about politics all the time.

Anyway, this Twitter thing all very fascinating and very strange to me. At times, the future truly is a weird place.

If you wish to follow me (I'm told that's the correct terminology to use), you can do so here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment